Real Examples of Creative Employee Perks & Benefits
Trying to think of creative perks to motivate your employees? Here’s a list of some of the most creative perks we’ve come across from the 2010 and 2009 Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” issues to help get you started. While your business may not be able to afford many of these perks, these examples can at least help you start thinking outside the box as you brainstorm ideas for perks.
- Qualcomm hosts a weekly farmers market that allows employees to stock up on healthy food.
- Umpqua Bank lends employees money for business attire purchases and sets up a payroll deduction so the employees can repay the bank at no interest.
- Stew Leonard’s Company invites employees with 20 years of service to dinner at the home of the company’s founder with a gourmet meal and fine wines.
- Paychex has an extensive employee wellness program that awards up to $300 to employees for doing activities like getting flu shots and dental check-ups, attending aerobics or yoga classes, running a 5K race and biking to work.
- Atlantic Health rewards its employees with a ton of vacation. All employees who have been with the company for at least 5 years get 28 days of paid vacation. New hires receive 18, 23 or 28 vacation days depending on their positions.
- The Marriott hotel chain helps employees and their immediate family move by assisting with buying or selling a home, closing and settlement, mortgages and moving.
- Two artists-in-residence work full-time at SAS and have produced a 3,000-piece art collection.
- Genetech offers $4 per rider per day for employees who offer carpool rides to their coworkers. Employees who commute by bus, train, van, ferry, or bike also receive $4 daily.
- Vanderbilt gives their employees 70% tuition subsidies to attend any college in the U.S.
- Scottrade considers opening an office for employees who want to relocate in an area where a branch doesn’t exist. The company has already done this for more than 20 employees.
Show your employees how much their perks are worth through a Total Compensation Statement.
Do you have a creative idea for giving your employee perks? Would love to hear it in the comments below!
Comments Off on Real Examples of Creative Employee Perks & Benefits
Category: Performance Reviews, Reducing Employee Turnover, Total Compensation, WorkPlace Culture